February Members’ Meeting OverviewMarch 26 2018
New Business In Geelong
GMC members were briefed on the GMC Energy Roundtable held last month. The event included eight energy intensive users and AIG Energy expert, Tennant Reed.
- The market outlook for electricity and the future expectations for 2018-21 seeing an easing of prices.
- Gas contract prices have also eased so far this year.
- The impact of the NEG (National Energy Guarantee).
David also encouraged members to leverage the GMC network for networking and introduction requests, suggestions for event/meeting topics and meeting requests either via the “How Can We Help?” cards or by contacting GMC directly on Tel. 5222 8000 or email@example.com.
GMC welcomed two new members:
- ANZ, represented by Lionel Sexton and Paul Cunningham
- Surdex Steel, represented by Jason van Beek.
- Ian Clydesdale, Commercial Manager, VRCA provided a brief update on the Geelong Port & Channel, VRCA initiatives and strategy. Ian also presented a very informative video simulation of a ship moving through the Geelong channel.
- Adam Cunningham, Business Development Co-ordinator, Barwon Water provided an update on how Barwon Water’s Strategy 2030 will support regional economic development through opportunities from renewables, waste to energy, agribusiness and their new subsidiary, Barwon Asset Solutions.
- Brett Winter, CEO, Geelong Port presented to members on the port’s strategic plan for delivering growth to the region. The four key areas of the plan are:
- Value chain integration
- Future focus
- HSE excellence
- Flawless execution