About Geelong Manufacturing Council
The Geelong Manufacturing Council is a non-political not-for-profit organisation funded by industry partners who wish to promote the region as a dynamic and innovative manufacturing centre of the future.
Comprising over 100 manufacturers in the Geelong region who collectively employ over 10,000 people, stakeholders from government, education and service providers; Geelong Manufacturing Council members meet regularly to highlight, discuss and resolve issues pertaining to manufacturing to promote and support regional economic growth.
To position Geelong as an internationally competitive manufacturing centre in the 21st century. We will achieve this through facilitation and support for manufacturing by:
- Developing and sharing sustainable best practice
- Encouraging the growth of technologically advanced manufacturing
- Promoting a favourable operating environment for manufacturing in Geelong.
To have a positive impact on the sustainability of our local manufacturing industry, ensuring that companies and investors are confident in the future of manufacturing in the region. That in turn will build a vibrant, successful and prosperous regional community.
Key themes and directions
- Positioning, networking and lobbying for manufacturing
- Encouraging operational excellence
- Building industrial synergies
- Developing skills
- Growing advanced technology.
- Provide leadership and drive funding for projects important to the manufacturing sector in Geelong
- Promote and assist the existing manufacturing industry in Geelong
- Promote Geelong as the preferred location for new manufacturing endeavours based on emerging technologies
- Provide a focus of coordination for diverse manufacturing segments
- Work to improve the linkages between government, manufacturing enterprises and the community
- Lead the implementation of the “Manufacturing Strategic Plan – Building a Sustainable Future”
- Work to link manufacturing with other significant regional strategies through networking and lobbying
- Work with government to facilitate investment in the region through networking and lobbying.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council was established in 1998 through a partnership between the Australian Chamber of Manufacturers (now the Australian Industry Group), the Geelong Development Board and the City of Greater Geelong. The Geelong Manufacturing Council was set up as a non-political, not-for-profit organisation and is funded by industry partners who wish to promote the…
The Geelong Manufacturing Council comprises a team of industry professionals who are committed to positioning Geelong as a leading dynamic, technologically advanced and internationally competitive manufacturing centre. The Geelong Manufacturing Council team is led by Chief Executive Officer David Peart who is supported by more than 100 local leading manufacturers, stakeholders, government and other representatives.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council is committed to building industrial synergies; that is, when a cooperative or combined action occurs between diverse or disparate groups of people with varying viewpoints working together. The objective is to increase effectiveness by sharing perceptions, insights and knowledge. Synergy is more than just working together to achieve a common objective….
The local manufacturing sector is under pressure, from factors such as relentless global competition, uncertainties over future energy prices and entrenched skill shortages. To create more productive organisations in the Geelong region, more highly skilled people are required, from the shop floor to the boardroom. The Geelong Manufacturing Council is committed to providing programs, events and…
Central to the vision of the Geelong Manufacturing Council is the promotion of a favourable operating environment for manufacturing in Geelong. This is done by encouraging operational excellence. At the Geelong Manufacturing Council, we see operational excellence as a philosophy in the workplace where problem-solving, teamwork and leadership results in ongoing improvement in an organisation….
The Geelong Manufacturing Council is committed to improving the competitiveness of the local industry by encouraging the growth of technologically advanced manufacturing. Whether you are an existing manufacturing operation, or a start-up looking for resources and managed services, the Geelong Manufacturing Council can help you. We aim to help local manufacturing firms research and develop…
The Geelong Manufacturing Council undertakes a range of submissions and advocacy activities with government and other bodies to assist industry in the Geelong region. We deal with the submissions and presentations, decision monitoring and intelligence gathering, profile raising and advocacy on behalf of the manufacturing sector in this region. The GMC believes that the industry in…