The GMC WIMN aims to increase participation rates of women across the manufacturing and engineering sector in Geelong by promoting, supporting and encouraging women in the industry, and into the industry.
The highly regarded WIMN Mentoring Program draws on industry mentors to support & develop women in operational roles in manufacturing & engineering organisations. WIMN also holds a series of professional development events each year to facilitate increasing diversity & inclusion within our sector, putting participating organisations in a position to take advantage of the associated benefits.
WIMN Mentoring Program
The aim of the WIMN is to support, promote and encourage women in the manufacturing and engineering sectors the Geelong region.
Diversity and inclusion makes good business sense: reduced turnover, greater skill pool, less conflict, greater innovation, even improved environmental and sustainability outcomes. However, the stats for our industry are sobering:
- 27.2% total workforce composition is female, even less in operational roles
- 24.8% key management personnel are women
- 9.1% CEO’s are women
- 4.9% of promotions went to women in 2020-21
We are working to have more women participating in the manufacturing industry and more women in leadership roles.
This 10-month long program includes:
- Mentors and Mentees are matched based on industry, experience and program goals
- Mentor and Mentee induction sessions with Program Facilitator, Linda Betts – to understand what a mentor is (and isn’t), how to get the most out the program and what to expect
- 2 x Networking and PD Sessions with Program Facilitator, Linda Betts – dive deeper into the mentoring relationship and learn to overcome some of the challenges uncovered
- A commitment to at least six face to face, one on one mentoring sessions
For a small investment, the WIMN Mentoring Program is one of the most cost-effective personal and professional development opportunities available. We invite you to join our upcoming program and reap the rewards that this program offers its participants.
Commences September 26, 2022 & runs through to June 2023.
Cost: $500 mentee registration (mentors are free!)
The 2022 WIMN Mentoring Program is supported by Barwon Water & Viva Energy