The Entrepreneurs’ Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for raising business competitiveness and productivity.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council works in partnership with the Australian Government in delivering services for the Entrepreneurs’ Programme. The Programme forms part of the Australian Government Economic Action Strategy, with over 100 experienced advisers and facilitators around Australia.
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme consists of four key elements:
- Business Management
- Innovation Connections
- Accelerating Commercialisation
- Incubator Support
GMC’s five Entrepreneurs’ Programme staff include two Business Advisers and three Business Facilitators. Practical support for businesses includes:
- advice from people with relevant private sector experience
- co-funded grants to commercialise new products, processes and services
- funding to take advantage of growth opportunities
- connection and collaboration opportunities.
A skilled and expert Business Adviser will:
- come to your business premises to gather information about your business
- undertake further research and analyse the information off-site
- prepare a tailored Business Evaluation Action Plan outlining strategies your business can take to become more competitive, improve and grow.
When you are ready to apply the strategies, the Business Adviser will coach and mentor you for up to twelve months.
To find out more and to apply, go to: Entrepreneurs’ Programme – Business Evaluation
Business Facilitators provide Supply Chain Facilitation services. Supply Chain Facilitation offers your business practical ways to:
- connect with, and supply existing and new markets
- provide you with project opportunities.
At no cost to your business, a skilled Business Adviser or Business Facilitator will work closely with your suppliers and customers to:
- strengthen your supply chain
- improve your ability to access new markets.
To find out more, including how to apply, go to: Entrepreneurs’ Programme – Supply Chain Facilitation
The GMC Entrepreneurs’ Programme team focusses on the following key sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Food and Agribusiness
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas & Energy
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme holds a number of free learning events throughout the year on key business issues, facilitated by industry experts. Refer to our Events page for upcoming learning events in the Geelong region.
For more information on how your business might benefit from the Entrepreneurs’ Programme please call us on 5222 8000, contact the Geelong Manufacturing Council online or visit the Entrepreneurs’ Programme website.