GMC CEO David Peart Stands DownApril 12 2021
Geelong Manufacturing Council (GMC) CEO, David Peart has advised the GMC Board that he has decided to step down from his role as CEO. David leaves GMC in a strong position, with growing membership and recently released five-year strategy.
Lyn George, Chair of GMC, thanked David for his contribution over a significant period and wished him well in his new endeavors. She said, “GMC is well placed with a robust member base and proactive five-year strategy to continue with its vision to position the Geelong region as an internationally competitive manufacturing centre particularly as it meets the challenges and opportunities presented in a post COVID future.”
As CEO of the GMC, David contributed to growth, innovation, sustainability, diversity, developing leadership capacity and employment and investment outcomes for local manufacturers and the economy of our region.
Achievements of the GMC over the past 23 years include:
- Creating ground breaking industry programs such as Greenlight, RICP, ENG and Advanced Fibre Cluster.
- Sourcing and assisting with tens of millions of dollars of grants to members.
- Assisting the attraction of numerous new industries to the region, providing valuable employment.
- Delivering value to members including over $50M of productivity benefits through the GMC leadership program.
- Sourcing in excess of $270m of business for members.
- Raising the profile of the sector at state and national level including the induction of several local companies into the Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame.
- Delivering the Federal Government’s flagship program for industry for 13 years.
David Sykes will step into the role of interim CEO at GMC effective Monday, April 12, 2021. David is well known to the manufacturing and wider business community as an experienced and well-respected leader. His experience includes General Manager, Backwell IXL, as well as senior roles in Boral. David has extensive experience in industry associations as a long-time Director of GMC (retired in 2020), Past President of the Australian Foundry Industry (Vic), and leadership roles in Rotary. He will work with the excellent staff, ready to continue important activities of the GMC.
The GMC Board will now undertake a wide-ranging recruitment process for a new CEO to take GMC forward.
David Peart said, “I have immensely enjoyed the opportunity to work with many and varied manufacturers as they have grown and strengthened their businesses. I expect to see even more great things from the sector in the future.”
“The opportunity to learn from many inspirational and outstanding leaders is something I will always value. Many of the people I have collaborated with have been passionately committed to building resilient and competitive businesses.”
“I am looking forward to taking a break and exploring some options for the future.”
Geelong Manufacturing Council
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0417 569 058
Geelong Manufacturing Council
email@example.com | 0409 868 345